Members can instruct up to three guests at a time. Additionally the club has certified curling instructors, contact the club manager for the current list to see who might be available.
- Make sure guests have signed a liability form, they're usually on one of the bulletin boards downstairs. Ice is slippery!
- Do some dynamic stretching to warm up.
- Demonstrate and practice:
- The slide layout position off the ice
- The slide layout position on the ice against the boards while balanced on a slider
- Lining up in the hack
- Sliding out with two stones, not letting go.
- Sliding out with a stabilizer and one stone.
- Now let go of the stone.
- Adding curl with the handle rotation by gently throwing stones across the width of a sheet of ice.
- Add handle to the delivery.
- Add line to the delivery.
- Practice sweeping the length of the ice, keeping a low body position.
- Throw a rock, and have them walk along with the rock keeping pace, no sweeping.
- Throw a rock and have them start sweeping when they feel comfortable.
Be sure to sweep the ice and turn off the lights when you're done.