Next Opportunity to try curling: 3-week New Curler League (Nov 30, Dec 7 & 14th).
- Week 1: Beginner Development - delivery basics. Wednesday, November 30. 8pm-10pm.
- Week 2: Beginner Development - in-depth delivery & sweeping. Wednesday, December 7. 8pm - 10pm.
- Week 3: Beginner Development & Gameplay - more about strategy. Wednesday, December 14. 8pm - 10pm.
- $60 per curler
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE 3-WEEK NEW CURLER LEAGUE
Who is invited? This league focuses on developing basic curling skills and is aimed toward the beginner. Ultra beginners to beginners who curled in the rookie spiel to beginners who have been curling for a couple months.
What should I wear?
- Shoes: Carry in a pair of shoes with clean, flat, rubber soles with no metal hooks etc. that may scratch the ice. (Clean tennis shoes are ideal).
- Pants: Wear comfortable loose fitting pants, like yoga pants or track pants (with long johns or cuddle duds) We do not recommend jeans. Remember, you'll be getting into a lunge position.
- Top: Dress in layers with a light coat, jacket, sweater or sweatshirt (initially it will be chilly on the ice, but you can get quite warm once you start playing). The air temperature is usually between 30-35 degrees.
- Accessories: Bring a ski hat and gloves if you chill easily.
Welcome to the Fairbanks Curling Club's Annual Rookie Spiel - CADDYSPIEL. This Caddyshack-themed spiel will take place at the Bushwood Country Club at 1962 2nd Ave, AKA the Fairbanks Curling Club, which is THE place to be on Thanksgiving weekend!
Attire: 1980's Country Club attire is highly encouraged.
Learn to Curl Class: Friday, November 25, 5-7p. Note that this Learn to Curl Class is included in your registration if you buy a Rookie Ticket. Or, it's $20 if not registered for the Caddyspiel. GET YOUR LEARN TO CURL TICKETS HERE
Spiel Dates & Times: Saturday & Sunday, November 26 & 27. Estimated 10a-10p (may vary).
Tickets: $40 for an individual or $160 for a team. NOTE THE TICKET TYPES! If you're a rookie, buy a rookie ticket. If you're experienced, buy an experienced curler ticket. This will help us match teams. GET YOUR TICKETS HERE
Teams: Ideally, teams will be paired with TWO Rookies & TWO Experienced Curlers. A rookie is any curler who has been curling less than 2 years. If you buy a team ticket, you MUST have at least two rookies. Teams with 4 rookies are not recommended. Teams with 4 experienced curlers are not allowed. We are trying to keep the teams balanced so everyone has fun. If you'd like to play with your friends, purchase individual tickets and just let us know with whom you'd like to be paired. Also, please let us know who is on your team if you buy a team ticket.
Meals: Curling Club Danish & Coffee will be provided in the mornings. Concession from Between the Buns will be available for lunch and dinner.
Bar: Yes. Just yes.
Contests & Prizes: Stay tuned for contest information. There will be prizes for finishers and T-shirts are included with registration.
Want to try curling for the first time? The Fairbanks Curling Club has public opportunities to get out on the ice for the first time! We also offer private Team-Building Learn to Curl events.
Try curling for the first time: No experience or equipment required!
- Join our 3-week New Curler League!
- Week 1: Learn to Curl Class. Wednesday, November 2. 8pm-10pm.
- Week 2: Beginners' Gameplay. Wednesday, November 9. 8pm - 10pm.
- Week 3: Beginners' Gameplay. Wednesday, November 16. 8pm - 10pm.
- Option: Join the Rookie Spiel - see more info below!
CLICK HERE to join our November 3-week New Curler League
Or join our Rookie Spiel, Thanksgiving Weekend, November 25, 26 & 27, 2017. It's a great chance to experience the camaraderie of curling while being paired with more experienced curlers. Instruction, food, prizes and an awesome t-shirt included! Check out our Rookie Spiel page for more information.
What to wear curling?
- Carry in a pair of shoes with clean, flat, rubber soles with no metal hooks etc. that may scratch the ice. (Clean tennis shoes are ideal).
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing. (It is difficult to curl in tight jeans)
- Dress in layers with a light jacket, sweater or sweatshirt (initially it will be chilly on the ice, but you can get quite warm once you start playing). The air temperature is usually between 34 and 40 degrees.
- Bring a ski hat and gloves if you chill easily.