Want to try curling for the first time? The Fairbanks Curling Club has public opportunities to get out on the ice for the first time! We also offer private Team-Building Learn to Curl events.
Try curling for the first time: No experience or equipment required!
We are offering 4 Learn to Curl Classes immediately before the season opens. If you want something fun to do for the winter, take this class and see if you dig curling! Choose one class from the list below:
Learn to Curl, Wednesday, September 28, 2016: 6-8pm $20 Register here
Learn to Curl, Thursday, September 29, 2016: 6-8 pm $20 Register here
- Learn to Curl, Monday, October 3, 2016: 6-8 pm. $20 Register here
Or join our Rookie Spiel, Thanksgiving Weekend, November 25, 26 & 27, 2017. It's a great chance to experience the camaraderie of curling while being paired with more experienced curlers. Instruction, food, prizes and an awesome t-shirt included! Check out our Rookie Spiel page for more information.
What to wear curling?
- Carry in a pair of shoes with clean, flat, rubber soles with no metal hooks etc. that may scratch the ice. (Clean tennis shoes are ideal).
- Wear comfortable loose fitting clothing. (It is difficult to curl in tight jeans)
- Dress in layers with a light jacket, sweater or sweatshirt (initially it will be chilly on the ice, but you can get quite warm once you start playing). The air temperature is usually between 34 and 40 degrees.
- Bring a ski hat and gloves if you chill easily.